The placement of your ads on the website or blog might seem a trivial thing to consider but it can actually have a direct impact on your ability to generate income through these ads. Hence, it is important to understand how ads placement can be maximized and how you can determined the perfect place for your ads to optimize results. There are a few things that you can learn from expert affiliate marketers to hopefully improve your income potential.
The most basic consideration when advertising via an affiliate program is to produce visitors to your site first. A lot of affiliate marketers commit the mistake of focusing too much on ads placement and yet wonder why they are still not getting enough income from affiliate marketing. The main reason for that is that their site does not produce adequate amount of visitors. In fact, placing too many AdSense ads when you are not advertising to anyone in particular could affect your search engine rankings. So, focus on getting a regular stream of visitors first before you think about placing advertisements on your page.
Also, you must limit the amount of ads placed on your website. This will diminish the overall quality of your website, which would not do any benefit in your effort to establish a loyal audience or to increase the click through rate for those ads. A lot of web users will also find your website to be overly spamming and is not a good prospect for your affiliate marketing campaign overall.
There are 3 ideal spots in your website or blog for placing ads that would generate maximum impact. You need to remember though that these places will only increase your ability to get maximum response on your ads, but they do not automatically guarantee clicks. You can learn about the top positions for placing your AdSense units below.
1. Place your ads on the left side, just beneath the menu. This is considered as the top site for placing your AdSense ads because most users will use the menu to navigate the site. This therefore makes your ads highly noticeable and well targeted.
2. Place your ads at the inline, just before the first paragraph. This is another highly noticeable spot for your placing your AdSense ads, especially if your readers visited your website to get good quality content. The most ideal size of ad for this position is the half vertical banner or the square ad units.
3. Place your ads beneath the article title. Placing the ad right next to the title, which is usually larger in font and made more noticeable, you are also gradually making the ad more noticeable.
4. Place your ads next or close to an image. Images are added into a page to break up monotony and also to draw attention. Hence, it makes sense to place an ad close to it such that it becomes easier to spot for your website visitors. However, some affiliate marketers believe that this type of ad placement does not work. You can therefore experiment to see what kind of results you can get.
5. Place your ads after the final paragraph. This is a surprising choice of ad placement and is not the best option around for affiliate marketers, especially if you wanted to maximize clicks. However, if you insist on this placement, then it is best to use the vertical banner here.